Sunday, May 29, 2011

What have I been up to?

Wow!  I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted anything here.  It seems like time is just flying by.  Well, I guess I better get this thing updated, so..... let's begin.
I believe that the last thing that I was talking about was the revealing party to find out what we're having... well.... It's a BOY!!!  YAY!!  We're really excited to welcome our little one soon.  I'm about 81/2 months along and this.....

is pretty much what I look like.  Which is still pretty small, but I'm not complaining.  Just like any other mom-to-be I just want my baby to be strong and healthy in every way.
So far the pregnancy has been a good one.  The only thing that bothers me is how hard it is to get comfortable at night and the nagging feeling that I should be doing more to get ready.  But I know that we still have plenty of time and that everything will come together in the end. 
My lovely Relief Society threw me a "surprise" baby shower, which was so very sweet of them.  They gave us a few more thing like clothes, a genie diaper can, baby book, diapers, etc.... which I find to be a great blessing because we really haven't gotten anything yet.  Also, I'm looking forward to another baby shower on the 16th because after that one I'm going to really get started on putting together the babies space.  Right now we're living in a one room apartment so we won't have an official nursery but we've moved things around in our room to make space for him so it will be so nice to put things together.
Anyways, I feel like I'm rambling.... so I guess for now I'll end with this. 

Life has been good to us and the Lord has blessed us in so many ways!  I know that this new chapter in our lives will be a challenging one but I'm starting to understand why people say that having children are the greatest blessings you can have.  I can't wait to meet our little one!  I know that he will be a joy beyond compare!

~ TaLyn

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear you are doing so well! Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete